In honor of National Olive Oil Month, I thought I would share a few ways olive oil is beneficial to your health.
As one of the most versatile foods in the world, Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a healthy fat that reduces the risk of cancer, lowers levels of cholesterol, reduce levels of obesity, lowers the risk of arthritis and plays an overall positive role in your health due to its rich quality and abundance of antioxidants.
This is a delicious summer salad using fresh ingredients that will pair well with any main course, backyard barbecue or even alone as a light lunch. Enjoy!
Gaea's Cucumber Salad
- 6 small cucumbers
- Gaea’s Natural Sea Salt
- 2 large oranges
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh mint
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup Gaea’s Sitia, Crete D.O.P Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Fresh ground pink pepper
- Wash cucumbers and oranges. Peel oranges and remove white membrane. Cut in thin slices.
- Slice cucumbers thin with a mandolin. Combine salt and both of peppers in glass or stainless steel bowl and add lemon juice. Slowly add olive oil while whiskling constantly. Combine dressing with orange slices and fresh herbs.
- To serve: Arrange cucumbers in separate dishes and pour prepared dressing over your creation. Sprinkle with a little coarse salt.